Request for Information CT20-V030 – Verkor ERP
Update 23 March 2021
Please note there is a 2-day extension to RFI response deadlines:
- RFI response to be provided at the latest by Friday March 26th, 2021
All other details remain unchanged.
Update 11 March 2021
Please note there is a 5 day extension to response deadlines:
- Questions and queries regarding the RFI shall be in Verkor’s possession latest on Wednesday March 17th, 2021
- RFI response to be provided latest on Wednesday March 24th, 2021
All other details remain unchanged.
It is our pleasure to invite potential Vendors to participate in the first phase of the selection process for the future ERP platform for Verkor, to support our core business, being the development and manufacturing of battery cells in our Gigafactory.
This first phase is organized in the format of a Request for Information and is intended to collect up the required capabilities and business functionality that we deem necessary for the aforementioned future ERP platform.
The RFI should enable us to assess the fit of your solutions offering on these aforementioned capabilities and requirements, as well as the extent to which these solutions contribute to the targeted efficiency goals of the Verkor Gigafactory. In addition, we aim to get a clear understanding about your company, its people, its partners and its way of working. Finally, we require initial cost estimates for the various implementation and deployment stages of the Verkor ERP platform.
After completion of the RFI stage, we aim to shortlist 2 or 3 vendors to provide us with a formal and binding response to a Request for Quotation. In parallel to this RFQ, we may opt to engage with one of more vendors in a limited Proof of Concept project, paid for by Verkor and aimed to test the fit of the proposed ERP platform to our business needs.
Further details on Verkor’s ERP requirements and planning phases will be provided upon receipt of potential Vendor’s intent to quote.
It is our intent to finalize the selection process of the Verkor ERP platform by June 1 st , 2021.
For the underlying RFI, your response is kindly requested by end of business, Friday March 19 th , 2021.
1. Intent to quote
You are kindly requested to confirm your intent to provide your best proposal to this RFI as well as – in case your company will be shortlisted on the basis of your RFI response – to the subsequent Request for Quotation – Verkor ERP. Such confirmation shall be in the format of a simple confirmation email to Verkor’s contact person listed herein.
2. Confidentiality and NDA (NDA template will be provided upon receipt of potential Vendor’s intent to quote)
You are kindly requested to return an executed copy of an, signed by an authorized executive or officer of your company, well before the response due date of this RFI, as an attachment to the email addressed to Verkor’s contact person listed herein.
In addition, and to the extent that the following clauses are not in contradiction with this NDA,
- you shall keep confidential and not disclose to any natural person or third party any information contained in this RFI including its appendices, any related correspondence or additional information provided in the course of the RFI process or at any time thereafter.
- Following completion of the RFI process, you shall, upon Verkor’s request, return all information and documents you have received for the purpose of your response to this RFI. In addition, and unless otherwise agreed upon, you shall permanently delete all computer data files containing records and information related to this RFI.
- Similarly, Verkor will treat all information provided by you in the course of this RFI, as confidential and proprietary, and will not disclose this, neither in part not in whole, to any natural person or third party, without your prior written consent. In addition, and upon your request, Verkor will return, destroy of permanently delete all information and data provided by you in the course of this RFI.
3. RFI format, Q&A and timeline
As English is the company language at Verkor, your RFI response shall be provided in the English language and in portrait orientation A4 PDF file format, latest on Friday March 19 th , 2021, as email attachment or WeTransfer, clearly identified or labeled as “RFI response Verkor ERP”, duly signed by an authorized executive or officer of your company and addressed to Verkor’s contact person listed herein.
You are encouraged to ask clarification questions on any aspect of this RFI, and Verkor commits to respond to your questions, by latest on the 2nd business day after submission.
Such questions or any other query regarding the RFI shall be in Verkor’s possession latest on Friday March 12 th , 2021 in order for us to respond, to the best of our abilities, latest on Tuesday March 16 th , 2021.
Please note that Verkor will anonymize and distribute any and all questions regarding the RFI, including Verkor’s responses, to all RFI contenders.
Vendor will bear all costs related to the preparation and submission of your response to the RFI.
Verkor may, at its sole discretion, decide to change, increase, decrease, postpone or terminate this RFI, or to add additional contenders, at any stage of the RFI process.
5. Tenderer’s declaration form (template will be provided upon receipt of potential Vendor’s intent to quote)
In compliance with Verkor’s procurement policy, you are kindly requested to return to us the Tenderer’s declaration form, signed by an authorized executive or officer of your company.
6. Verkor contact person
All correspondence regarding this RFI shall be in email format for the attention of Jon Aston, Verkor Program Management, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RFI response template
1. RFI response content:
You are invited to provide us with the following general information
of your ERP offering:
- Company Information
- Applications landscape
- Technical architecture and implementation
- Source code and integration strategy and partnerships
- Support, maintenance and upgrade strategy
- Pricing strategy and pricelist
- Implementation strategy and partnerships
- References & case studies
Our strong request is to keep your response concise and tailored to Verkor’s business;
Verkor’s plan is to implement the ERP (and other systems of its Digital Gigafactory Architecture) in three phases, in line with Verkor’s fast scale master plan, as follows:
- 2021: Verkor HQ basics: setting up the financial management systems to control costs, investments, personnel and the NPR (non-product related) Purchase to Pay process.
- 2021/2: Verkor Innovation Center (VIC): setting up the product management systems to control product development, product master data, product costs, PLM and pilot manufacturing in the VIC including the supply chain at smaller scale – from raw material purchasing to finished goods cells.
- 2022/3: ramping up the ERP to the full scale Gigafactory level.
For each of these three phases, the required ERP functionality and capabilities will be provided upon receipt of potential Vendor’s intent to quote.
You are invited to provide us with the following Verkor specific
- Detailed information of one recent case study of the successful deployment of your ERP solutions offering in an innovative large scale industrial manufacturing scale up with similar business characteristics as Verkor.
- Your proposed Verkor specific pricing and commercial terms and conditions.
- Your proposed partnerships for implementation of the Verkor ERP, including a brief overview of project references, pricing and project management methodology.
- Required capabilities and planning timelines will be provided upon receipt of potential Vendor’s intent to quote